I'm a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Professional Counsellor, EFT Practitioner and Life Coach and my practice is located in Mentone, South East Melbourne.
I have trained extensively in both Counselling, Psychotherapy and Clinical Hypnotherapy and firmly believe that my skills and experience offer my clients the most effective means to achieve the changes they want to experience in their lives.
We all have lived experience and our experience shapes who we are. I spent many years working in the corporate world dealing with the stress and pressure of management in a busy demanding environment, I've experienced life as an immigrant, and raised a family away from family support and ultimately as a single parent, as well as having to deal with the day to day reality of missing time with siblings and parents left behind. I've experienced the loss of loved ones, friends and family, some suddenly and some slowly taken by Cancer. I've experienced many lows and many highs. I count my children among the highs and have also enjoyed wonderful friendships, pets, travelling, books, movies, plays and learning.
These are examples of some of the experiences that have shaped me as a person. In overcoming the lows I discovered a number of effective means of help and strategies that ultimately changed my career path and turned me towards training first as a Counsellor and then as a Clinical Hypnotherapist, in fact it set me on a course of life long learning which I continue to enjoy. Counselling and Clinical Hypnotherapy are my passion and what some might call "life calling".
Since becoming a Counsellor and Hypnotherapist I have helped many people get through difficult life experiences whether it's Overcoming Anxiety, Managing Depression, Divorce, Bereavement, Addiction or even Quitting Smoking or Losing Weight. It has been my privilege to teach my clients the skills and provide the therapy that helps them become unstuck and to move on from the lows to enjoy more of the natural highs life has to offer.
"I've seen incredible transformations occur in clients when they experience a new way of thinking, feeling and being during therapy"
If you're ready to make a change, whether it's emotional or behavioural Call Georgina at Hypfocus now on 0435 923 817. You may begin by searching for " therapy near me " but it's important to check that your potential therapist is properly trained and a member of their industry association, in my case I'm a member of the Australian Hypnotherapy Association, in fact I'm currently the State Executive Officer of the AHA Victoria Branch.
Georgina Mitchell CHT, DipCns. relevant qualifications and credentials include:
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling (in progress) Specialising in Addictions
- Diploma in Counselling (Government Accredited Qualification CHC51712)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (Government Accredited Qualification 22O9OVIC)
- Diploma in Business (Government Accredited Qualification BSB50207)
- Diploma of Personal Nutrition (Distinction)
- EFT Practitioner (Emotional Freedom Technique/Psychological Acupuncture)
- Certified Advanced Virtual Gastric Band Practitioner - Weight Loss Specialist
- Certified Family Law Counsellor
- NLP Practitioner
- Certified Reiki Practitioner
- Cert IV in Hypnotherapy (Government Accredited Qualification 22088VIC)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (Government Accredited Qualification TAE40110)
- Cert IV in Small Business Management (Government Accredited Qualification)
- Cert II in First Aid
- Advanced Theta Healing DNA Certificate
- Psychological First Aid Certificate
- Working with children and Police checks.
Georgina was SEO (State Executive Officer) of the Victorian Committee of the Australian Hypnotherapy Association in 2017
The Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors
The Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science (the sole Victorian-based provider of fully accredited Government recognised tertiary education and training in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Counselling)
AHA (Australian Hypnotherapy Association) Professional Membership Number/Provider Number: PM2015096
Medibank Private Provider Number: 1513161H
Australian Unity Provider Number: 21141215
ACA (Australian Counselling Association) Membership Number: L1 4249
Georgina Mitchell is a Justice of the Peace in Victoria
© Copyright Hypfocus Therapies and Training 2015